If you're a homeowner, there are certain things you will need to do a routine basis. One of these includes replacing your roof after a certain amount of time. This can be an expensive task and one that you should invest some thought into making. It's important to be fully aware of the best roofing material that will meet your needs by knowing the various ones you have to select.
You may want to consider a tile roof because this is considered to be one of the most attractive options for any homeowner. However, keep in mind this material is heavy, and you will want to ensure you have a sturdy foundation to withstand the weight.
Listed below are some of the advantages of selecting a tile roof:
1. This roofing material is resistant to rot and won't stain over time like many of the other options.
2. A concrete tile roof is very durable and is expected to last at least 50 years.
3. There is a wide variety of styles and designs for you to choose.
The average cost of tile roofing per square foot is $4.50-$9, and this is one of the most expensive options.
Selecting a roof that is pure metal is often chosen for a variety of homeowners. There is a number of benefits of selecting this option, and some of these are listed below:
1. Metal roofs are expected to last up to 75 years.
2. This material is extremely light-weight, and this makes for an easier installation.
3. Adding a metal roof to your home will increase your safety measures because this material is resistant to rot.
4. Metal roofing is considered to be economically friendly.
You can expect to pay $3-$7.50 per square foot for this type of roofing material.
If you're on a more of a budget, you may want to invest in asphalt shingles. These are popular among many homeowners, and there is a variety of benefits offered when it comes to choosing this roofing material, and these are listed below:
1. This roofing material is one of the least expensive roofing options and the average price per square foot is $1-$4.
2. Asphalt shingles may last up to 20 years in some cases.
Getting your roof replaced will allow you to enjoy many additional years in your home. Be sure to rely on a roofing contractor (like Urethane Foam Consulting & Services) to assist you in getting the job done right!